Wednesday, August 6, 2008

She's a Brick! (duhn duhn duhn duhn duh) House!


Et Voila! Here is the long-awaited sitting wall. There's still some work to be done on it, but this is the basic idea. It's awesome for . . . just sitting. The flagstone sitting around the edges will be used for a patio underneath where the hammock currently sits.

Aside from gluing down the capstones, the final garden wall is finished! It took a little more work than I expected, particularly in cutting the capstones, but it was worth it. Now we just need to plant something.


It's Abby! She's getting big, isn't she? She really likes sitting out in the yard. In fact, she loves running out in the yard. And digging. And playing. And swimming. Did I mention that she loves being outside?

Yeah, we're excited to finish the yard for her.


Posing. What a ham. But have you ever seen a cuter ham? Even on Christmas? I thought not.

So the Brickwork is (almost completely) done! It feels so good to look out there and see it all. I was skeptical at first about the colors, but it turned out really nice.

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Amber,
I loved reading all your new posts. Abby is so dang cute! And your hair! I love it:o) I decided to finally (honestly, really and truly) grow my hair out. I want to see just how long I can get it before I go insane. . .

Jason and Audrey said...

I love your new posts! I love your hair cut! It is really cute. I wonder if I could do that cut! So fun!

Marilee Leishman said...

your yard looks awesome. congrats guys. That's a lot of work. We'll have you over soon, I think the girls will have fun playing together now.