Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First Hair Cuts

Yes...February 15, 2011...both Abby and Joey received their first haircuts ever!  It was quite the event! I tried to catch some before and after shots...they're not the best, but you can look back and see how long Joey's hair was getting.  It was in his eyes and hung over his ears.  I was nervous to cut it because even though it was long, he didn't have much of it! lol  Plus it is so straight, I knew you were going to be able to see every little snip I made.  Pressure!  :0)  Anyway...I only made one bad snip and people didn't notice until I would point it out...  So not bad for my first time cutting my kids hair eh?  
 Joey's BEFORE....
Yes, watching Toy Story was the only way this haircut was possible! LOL He was GLUED!
.
.
.
.
.
.
 Ta-Da!  Joey AFTER!!  
I think he looks so handsome! 
And as I layered his hair in the back a bit it seemed so much more thick than before. It was gorgeous!
.
.
.
.
Now for The Abigator....
Abby BEFORE... 
Her hair took 4 years to get this length!  I was sad to cut it, but did it in hopes to help it grow better.  I didn't cut much.
.
.
but I did cut some
.
.
.
 Ta-da!  Abby's AFTER pics.  Isn't she beautiful!?

Over all the cuts went well and I felt confident about cutting my kids hair for the next 12-16 yrs of their lives. LOL  I don't know if that confidence will stick around...or if they will LET me cut their hair forever...but i'm enjoying it while I have CONTROL!! :)

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Awesome job! For some reason I still get nervous cutting Nathan and Jeremy's hair. I don't think I have the guts to cut Megan's and there's no way I'm going to do Emma's, not with her curls. Did Nathan tell you what Jeremy is saying about Abby? She's the cutest girl and so he's going to marry her :) He's had a crush on a little girl in his preschool class last year, a little girl in his preschool class this year and Abby. He keeps talking about her and how cute she is!

Unknown said...

Niice work!