Saturday, May 9, 2009

Grandpa Talbot's Cannon Shoot


This is one of the cannons that Grandpa Talbot MADE! It is amazing to see all he has made and hear him talk about all he knows! I love it! He did a demonstration & presentation for a group while we were up in Utah and it was awesome to watch! Dave will have to get on here and write some of the details about all his cannons that I can't remember.


Aunt Tammy was a huge help with the kids! (HUGE THANKS!) Dave was taking pictures/filming and I could only cover the ears of one kid when the loud "BOOMS" of the cannons shot out. Abby has called Grandpa Talbot, Grandpa BOOM ever since this day! I'm sure he doesn't mind! :)


Dave trying out the bugle! I love Dad's look on his face...it's almost a smirk like "go ahead and try"! Hehe!


Mom and Dad Omer dressed in pioneer clothes and helped Grandpa out with a lot of the demo. I really like this picture!


This one makes me giggle a little- it looks like Mom is about to do a dance for everyone or something! lol


I love this picture of Grandpa Talbot! He's smiling! :D


Jay & Grandpa getting ready for another "Boom"!


Uncle Jay with one of the "big bullets" (as a girl would say) that Gramps made.


The target on the mountain side--it's kinda hard to see, but it was an orange circle up there.


There was a little stream that was nearby. Abby was kind of afraid of it!?

1 comment:

Amy O said...

Thanks for posting these pictures of the cannon shoot! I LOVE that picture of G Talbot smiling--good catch!!