Sunday, September 6, 2009

White Sands, New Mexico


This was a fun stop for us...a nice little drive with some white soft sands to run around in for a while. It was SOO white it hurt our eyes to look at! An amazing work of nature!


These were picnic benches that Abby called boats! They sailed around in one for a while.


At the top of Daddy & Abbies hill they carved "I Love U" in the sand to me down at the bottom! It was so sweet!


Joey went for a drive while they played in the sand. He nearly fell out of the car right after this! Don't worry, I caught him!



This is the hill Abby & I conquered!

5 comments:

Amy O said...

No way you went there!! My mom grew up in Albuquerque so we went there to visit my grandpa one year and had a memorable vacation. I have been telling Tom we've got to go to White Sands & Carlsbad Caverns some day. We took cardboard boxes and slid down the hills at White Sands like a sled. And we also wrote messages and took pictures. I remember the caverns being cold (my mom did know to bring jackets for us :)and a damp smell and it was spooky but pretty cool. So glad you were able to go--you'll have to give us some tips when we do go there!

Kellie said...

Wow! You've done and posted so much since I last checked your blog. Looks like y'all are having such a great time. Sorry about the Carlsbad Caverns/screaming experience. I went there as a kid, but don't remember anything, I was a little younger than Abby. Glad y'all are having such a wonderful time!

familywithfivekids said...

It looks like you've taken some fun trips! Gorgeous pictures and wonderful stories.

TrishAnderson said...

That looks so fun! I am sure Abby had the best time of all!

Dawson and Jenny Alverson said...

this place looks sweet!!