Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Practically Macy's Day Parade! ...almost...

"I love a parade" thinks Abby. Or possibly, "I love all this random candy being thrown out by strange passers-by." It's hard to tell exactly what a 2-year-old is thinking behind those wispy curls of brown hair.

So we decided to go down and enjoy the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Fountain Hills. We settled down into the nice soft asphalt to wait for...

...this! Pheobe & Maddy were in the parade with their Daisies from the local Girl Scout Troop. Some walked, while others...
...rode comfortably in the air-conditioned vehicle. (That's the GREEN version of air-conditioned. It's...naturally conditioned.)

We all had a good time watching the parade, watching dancers, waving at unfamiliar politicians, eating candy and dodging parade cars that thought our particular occupancy of the road was up for debate.

Oh my word, it's a MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET!! Santa himself ended the parade, throwing out candies, cookies & x-box 360's to the whole crowd. Ok, part of that last sentence may be an exaggeration. But Abby really did nervously approach Santa and get a pat on the head from him. Believe me, by later in the Christmas season, this would have thrilled her. Yes Virginia, there IS a portly man in a red fur suit.

1 comment:

Dave Omer said...

I think it's important to point out that while that little blond-haired girl in the pic w/ Pheobe pointing at the camera may LOOK like Maddy, Maddy is actually riding comfortably in the wagon outside the range of that shot (see following picture).

Also, I should mention that I wrote the words for this post at Amber's request. Aaaand, it was a little late & I was a bit sick. I hope they make sense!