Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dave's Almost 30!

(This is Dave posting.)

So I'm one year older! Yup, happened this year, too. Strange how that works sometimes. Amber really spoils me on these occasions, and I don't resist. So what do you get for a guy who's already got the best wife & kids possible, a good job and a wonderful, busy life?

You get him organized.
Yep, this is a genuine Circa Rolla-bind system to help me get organized in my calling. My old system wasn't working for me.

You know, after witnessing a couple of births, it's amazing to me what a Mother goes through for the child. And that's just in the first couple of minutes of their life! So it continues to astound me that Mothers, after giving so much, give us presents on the anniversaries of our birth. Shouldn't it be the other way around??

Nevertheless, my Mom sent along a metronome/tuner. Subtle hint about my music, or thoughtful gift? I'm going with the latter.

Yes, I'm a closet nerd. No, wait. I'm a public nerd. And to complete my nerd-idity, I must, at some point in my life, play Dungeons & Dragons. Amber found this starter kit on clearance. Perfect for a Birthday present, no?

But what's this?! Joey's taken to the present! Oh no! My Nerdiness has passed on to him!









So it was a happy birthday! Just a quiet, peaceful evening with two quiet, calm kids...






...who can't keep their hands to themselves. Happy Birthday, to me!



(...Shornath, the level-12 elven ranger escapes with his loot...)

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday!! 30 isn't too bad. I'll let you know how 31 is in the not too distant future.