Saturday, May 14, 2011

More National Mall in Washington D.C.

Out on the National Mall lawn...you can see the carousel (which is later in the post as well) there on the left and the Smithsonian Castle straight ahead.  Really cool looking, I think.  It was a misty and overcast day, but better than 110 degree weather by far! :)

This is all we saw of the Capitol this time around.  We didn't dare take the time to try the tour with both kids.  So next time for sure!

Washington Monument there in the foggy distance.  I loved this grassy area for the kids to just run around on in between museums.  I was surprised it wasn't better taken care of being D.C. and all...but the kids didn't care.

Joey was asleep, so we let Abby go on the carousel just once.  I love watching her on it...as she throws her head back like she's this dramatic princess horse rider.  :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love all the pictures! The one of the capital building is really cool. I used to live just two blocks behind the capital. What a fun place.