Saturday, April 9, 2011

My 1st Piano Recital

I so rarely post pics of myself, it's your lucky day!  :)  I've been taking piano lessons since January 2010...that's already a year and a half!  I took about 6 months or so of lessons from a friend during my college days (thank you Jenny!).  So I pretty much consider myself to be starting piano at age 30.  I think it's never too late...but I'm just so happy to be playing finally!  I've always wanted to take lessons.  The time is right for me and I have been loving it! 

This night I played from Clementi's Opus 36... Sonatina 5.  I was so very nervous, but it was a duet with Dave so it wasn't as bad.  I messed up a couple times, but really did pretty good for my first performance.

This is my teacher.  She is awesome!  And isn't her piano gorgeous!  Someday....

Here are the other kiddos that played that night at the recital.  

One of the mother's made these cute cupcakes!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are awesome! I would love to learn piano. First I need a piano though... haha

Amanda said...

That is so awesome! Did Janie host the recital at her house?

Amber Omer said...

Thanks Pheob. Some weeks it's really hard to practice and get myself to my lesson. But paying $ definitely helps! :)

Amanda--yes it was at her house this time. She said she usually rents out a church or recital hall, but she doesn't have enough students right now to make it worth it. So...hopefully someday!

Burklund Blogger said...

I LOVE that you participated in a recital! Well done! We always did our recitals at our house... makes more sense to me... its not a public performance for the county fair after all. maybe next year...? ;)