Friday, November 26, 2010

New Tradition

This year I wanted to start a new Thanksgiving tradition.  Something that focused a little more on family and gratitude and less about food...that part comes naturally.  :)  Well, I ran across the idea of a "Book of Thanks" on some awesome craft blog, but the book they used and the only decent looking, even somewhat like I had imagined it, book I could find in stores or online was $50-60.  
So, I decided to make one!  

Each thanksgiving for the rest of our lives (?) we will bring our Book of Thanks out and everyone that we are sharing that day with will sign it and write something they are thankful for from that year.  I think it will be a lot of fun to be able to look back and read the things written in it, see who we had Thanksgiving with each year and see the handwriting and content of our children's writings change from year to year.

I decorated the inner pages a little. 

And attempted to add some embellishments...i'm a wanna be crafter, not a real one yet.
Ta-Da!  There she is.  Thanks to all who helped in the making.  Here's to many wonderful Thanksgivings full of gratitude!  I am so very blessed.  

Abby had a blast painting the white pumpkins we picked out this year.  I think she did a fine job!  Makes me think of Return to Oz ...weird weird movie.

Here's what that brown ball of string turned out to be Heather.  Thanks for helping us roll it on Thanksgiving day!  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat idea!

Kathy said...

That is so cool! The Thankful book is awesome. You are definitely the crafty person true wanna-bees look up to. Excellent tradition idea! I love it!

Kathy said...

The pumpkins are so good Abby! You did a great job! And the brown ball of string turkey is fun too!