Friday, November 12, 2010

Key to the Zoo

Our zoo does "Feed the Giraffe" time every day where the kids can pay a couple bucks and feed the giraffes some carrot sticks.  Well, they give you a 1x free pass with your membership each year, so we finally got our turn!  The kids loved it!  It looks like this one is going to kiss Abby on the head I think.  :)

I think the giraffe thought Abby WAS a carrot!

  
We also discovered that all these yellow boxes around the zoo are not broken... you just need a KEY!  So we went to the front registers and hooked our selves up!!  For a couple dolla' you get a big ole elephant key that the kids can turn in these boxes and a recording plays of the different zoo keepers telling us about the animals we are looking at.  Abby was in HEAVEN!  And she got to keep the key too.   I don't know about other kids, but Abby is obsessed with keys! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun you actually got to feed them! I'm sure Abby loved it! So fun!

Kathy said...

I love giraffes, they are the most amazing animals. I'll bet they were fun to design. Fun to be able to feed them and get up close! Looks like a fun day!