Saturday, July 23, 2011

Grams Kitchen: the Before & Beginnings


For our Sorensen/Wright family reunion this year, we all met in SLC, UT and remodeled my Grandma Sorensen's kitchen!  It was quite the event!  In fact it was wonderful!  So much work organizing and planning went in by my Mom and her 2 sisters out in Colorado.  None of this would've happened without them! 

 Here are the BEFORE pictures of the  kitchen and some beginning work that had to be done before anything new went in:
The BEFORE Metal cabinets, yellow single sink, ancient counter top...

Ba-bye sink!

Sam even got to come up for a few days!  Yay!  

Here is my sweet Grandma Sorensen.  I love her so much!  I lived with her the summer of 1998 between school years at Snow College. What a fun summer!

We had to scrape up all the old linoleum off the floors.  (YUG!)  It was no picnic, but everyone could help on this part, so that made it more fun!



Heather was a champ worker!  She sanded the patched ceiling where they had torn down a wall earlier that year.  I love my sisters! 

Here's the new wall!  We tried to figure out a way to keep it a large open space w/ no wall...but with the small size of the room, we had to have a wall to put appliances against.  It was amazing to watch my aunts & uncles put it up.  They were amazing!

Joey took one mini nap on the grass.  Wish he'd taken more! :)

Hehehe!  

My adorable niece, Britta, and my awesome Uncle Kent.  Many of these pictures of the remodeling were taken by him.  All the really good ones! :)

2 comments:

my name is john said...

man i broke a sweat lookin at those pics...whew!

good stuff tho!

:]

Kathy said...

This brought back so many good memories of that amazing week!! I am still in awe of all the help given and work done! It is so great to walk into Grama's house now and see how great it all looks! She LOVES it and appreciates it so much! Very great week.